Learn to Lead Climb Course December 8, 2018
This is a two day outdoor climbing course.
The focus of this course is learning to lead climb and transitions from lead climbing to abseiling (cleaning a route). We also cover good climbing technique and movement skills.
This is a popular course for people who are ready to take the next step from top rope climbing or lead climbing indoors on to the real rock! Or people who have started out climbing with a friend and would like to extend their knowledge and skills.
This course is also suitable for people working towards their NZOIA Rock leader/Rock 1 Awards.
Field Based Course Covers:
- Lead Belaying
- Lead climbing
- Transitions from lead to top rope and lead to abseil
- Anchor building
- Personal Abseil set up
- Cliff Top Safety
- Introductory to common climbing equipment
- Understanding NZ rock climbing grading system
- Climbing calls and crag communication
- Setting up top rope climbing anchors
- Personal safety at rock climbing areas
Please bring your own lunch and snacks and large drink.
Accommodation is not provided on this course.
- It is recommended that you have some climbing experience before attending this course. Give us a call or email is your not sure if this is the right course for you?
Locations listed above in the google map are just a guide highlighting possible areas that may be used on the day however our instructor will stect the most appropriate area given weather on the day. A meeting location in town will be organised by your instructor.
All equipment is available for hire - Please let us know at time of booking if you would like to hire something
This course will not re-validate any NZOIA awards .
Please contact us for more information on 1:1 training.