2 Day Trad Climbing -Natural & Placed Protection – 2 Days November 16, 2019
This is a two day outdoor trad climbing course.
The focus of this course is using natural (trees, boulders etc )and placed protection (Cam’s, nuts, hexes, etc) as runners and anchors. This is a popular course for people with some climbing experience and would like to have a go at climbing using placed protection. You do not need to be climbing at a high grade to go trad climbing.
This course run at at a ratio of ratio of 2 clients to one Instructor so you can be sure you will get all the one on one time required to refine your trad climbing skills.
This course is also suitable for people working towards a NZOIA Rock1 or NZOIA Rock2 awards.
- All gear can be hired for this course, please let us know at time of booking if you would like to hire anything.
Field Based Course Highlights
- Using natural protection (trees, boulders etc)
- Using Placed protection (Nuts, Cams, Hexes, etc)
- Natural and placed protection anchors
- Prussiking up ropes
- Linking protection to build anchors
- Must have some climbing experience including lead climbing
- Must be comfortable lead belaying
All equipment can be hired for this course, please let us know at time of booking if you would like to hire anything.