Alpine skills & Avalanche Combo – 2 Days August 24, 2019
This is a 1 day alpine skills course & 1.5 day avalanche awareness course bundled to into a two weekend weekend course.
THIS COURSE INCLUDES
- Movement and walking techniques
- Fitting and using crampons
- Holding and using an ice axe
- Step cutting
- Self arresting using with and with an ice axe
- ntroduction to the NZ Backcountry Avalanche Advisory
- Mountain Weather in NZ
- Using an avalanche transceiver
- Probing techniques
- Snow Shoveling technique
- Small party rescue scenarios
- Identifying avalanche terrain
- Identifying terrain traps
- Introduction to safe travel techniques
CAN I HIRE GEAR IF I DON’T HAVE MY OWN?
Your welcome to bring your own gear or borrow from a friend.
If you don’t have the gear you need for this course no problem, we have everything you need available to hire. We usually sort gear rental a little closer to the course.
Field Based Course Highlights
- everything in 1.5 day avalanche course
- everything in 1 day alpine skills course
Participants often choose to have dinner out in the village at the pub/restaurant, bringing along supplies for other meals.
Accommodation in arthurs pass is included for this course.
Our accommodation in Arthurs Pass Village has full kitchen facilities, shared bunk rooms, and hot showers.