Intro to Rock Climbing and Abseiling – 2 Days March 2, 2019
This is a two day outdoor climbing course delivered at two of Christchurch’s best outdoor climbing areas.
In this course we will introduce you to the world of outdoor top-rope rock climbing. We will look at personal safety, good belay techniques, communication and personal climbing skills.
This is a popular course for those who have limited rock climbing experience and would like to get some professional guidance. This course is appropriate for people that have no experience and would just like to give it a go.
We can hire all the climbing gear you need for this course if you do not have your own.
Field Based Course Highlights
- Introductory to common climbing equipment
- Understanding NZ rock climbing grading system
- Belaying a top rope climber
- Climbing calls and crag communication
- Personal safety at rock climbing areas
- Safety at the top of the crag
No food provided
- No prior experience required
- Day Pack
- Climbing Helmet
- Rock Climbing Shoes
* Not a comprehensive gear list, a full gear list will be sent prior to course starting.
All Climbing and Safety equipment can be hired from OENZ