1 Day Alpine Skills Course – 1 Day June 29, 2019
This is an introductory course that focuses on personal movement and safety in the alpine environment. This is a popular course for those who have limited experience in the alpine environment or people who wish to embark on winter tramping where an ice axe and crampons may be required.
Check out the Alpine Skills & Avalanche course Combo- one our most popular course.
Field Based Course Highlights
- Suitable clothing and equipment for alpine recreation.
- Movement and walking techniques
- Fitting and using crampons
- Holding and using an ice axe
- Step cutting
- Self arresting using an ice axe
- Introduction to the NZ avalanche advisory
- non required
- Day Pack
- Personal Clothing
- Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof Pants
- Ice Axe
- Climbing Helmet
- Beanie/Warm Hat
- Snow Shovel
- Avalanche Transceiver