Custom Courses for groups & clubs
If your interested in creating a custom training course or or completing one of our standard courses but the scheduled dates or location don’t work, no problem we can always create a course just for you. If you have a group of four or more the cost may be similar to attending one of our public training course. Whether it’s just for you, a group, or for your workplace, one of our friendly team would be more than happy to chat with you about creating a custom training course.
“OENZ was amazing at making a custom course aimed at exactly what our club wanted. Not only that, but I was amazed at how much we were able to achieve in such a short time and at such a good price! Their staff were extremely helpful in coordinati
ng everything we needed to get a grant from Massey University Students Associatio n and were very quick at responding to any emails. The instructor s Alan and Nate were awesome to spend 4 days with up in the mountains. They were very profession al but still clicked with the group and joked around with us. I couldn’t recommend going to these guys any more, seriously the best bang for your buck and the most enjoyable experience we could have asked for. Thanks Alan and Nate!”
–James H Vincent, present Massey University Alpine Club
Courses for the workplace
Certificates of training
OENZ provides certificates of attendance on request to assist with record keeping.
(New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association)
Training towards your next NZOIA award? Check out the NZOIA training calendar or our course calendar for dates and prices on our training courses.
NZOIA Free Range leader assessments
We also run Free Range leader assessments for Bush, Rock and Abseil for those wanting to start their pathway as an outdoor educator.
Personal Development for Teachers
What we deliver when working with teachers…
- Specific training to a range of outdoor activities
- Training and support for teachers working towards achieving awards through the New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association (NZOIA) pathway.
- Support teachers focusing on unit/achievement standards within their programme and how to best achieve results for their students.
- Focus on theoretical knowledge as well as technical skills to provide a deeper understanding which is needed for teaching others.
- We provide in depth knowledge around safety management systems and guidance on how to implement these or feedback on current systems in place.
- Written progress reports
- We can work long term with the individual teachers as well as school. Developing strong safety management within the programmes (particularly if these are new/young programmes).