Custom Courses for groups & clubs
Custom rock climbing course
If your interested in creating a custom training course or completing one of our standard courses but the scheduled dates or location don’t work, no problem we can always create a course just for you. If you have a group of four or more, the cost may be similar to attending one of our public training course. Whether it’s just for you, a group, or for your workplace, one of our friendly team would be more than happy to chat with you about creating a custom training course.
Safety Training Courses for the Workplace
We deliver theory and practical workplace safety training courses for operators sending staff into bush, river and rock environments. We have a range of set courses that you can choose from or you can have our team put something together that specifically for you. All courses are designed to meet your H&S requirements.
Popular workplace safety training courses:
- Wader safety Training
- River crossing and river safety courses
- Flatwater kayak rescue and flat water safety training
- Bush navigation and emergency communications safety training.
- Ropes Rescue Training
Certificates of training
OENZ provides certificates of attendance on request to assist with record keeping and H&S requirements.
We know the challenges that come with trying to upskill, attain and maintain your NZOIA or Skills Active outdoor awards. We offer private and small group outdoor instructor training. We can set you up with training from a current NZOIA & Skills Activate assessor so you know that your getting current industry standard training. Give us a call or email to find out more about how we can help.
NZOIA Free Range leader assessments
Here at OENZ we are lucky enough to have two NZOIA & Skills Active assessors for NZOIA Leader Qualifications. We can set up an assessment in your workplace or at one of our venues. Give us a call to discuss your options.
Professional Development for Teachers
Professional Development for teachers, what we deliver when working with teachers…
- Specific training to a range of outdoor activities
- Training and support for teachers working towards achieving awards through the New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association (NZOIA) pathway.
- Support teachers focusing on unit/achievement standards within their programme and how to best achieve results for their students.
- Focus on theoretical knowledge as well as technical skills to provide a deeper understanding which is needed for teaching others.
- We provide in-depth knowledge around safety management systems and guidance on how to implement these or feedback on current systems in place.
- Written progress reports
- We can work long term with the individual teachers as well as schools. Developing strong safety management within the programmes (particularly if these are new/young programmes).
“OENZ was amazing at making a custom course aimed at exactly what our club wanted. Not only that, but I was amazed at how much we were able to achieve in such a short time and at such a good price! Their staff were extremely helpful in coordinati
ng everything we needed to get a grant from Massey University Students Associatio n and were very quick at responding to any emails. The instructor s Alan and Nate were awesome to spend 4 days with up in the mountains. They were very profession al but still clicked with the group and joked around with us. I couldn’t recommend going to these guys any more, seriously the best bang for your buck and the most enjoyable experience we could have asked for. Thanks Alan and Nate!”
–James H Vincent, present Massey University Alpine Club
”I was extremely happy with all aspects of the course. I found the practice with walking on scree slopes particularly useful.” – Custom Navigation, river crossing & scree movement training.
– Nevle Ellis, Sydney Bushwalkers club, Australia.
”Thank you so much for a very engaging course. Learnt heaps & helped remember important key facts when tramping/hiking”
– Joyce Choucair- Australia