Terms and conditions
Section 1: General Information
- All course information will be sent out via email before the course delivery date. This will include the meeting location, meeting time, the duration of the course, and some information about the instructor.
- Costs for hiring equipment will be sent out with course information for the customer to review.
- No hire fees will be charged unless associated with Section 2.2 or the customer requests & agrees to the hire during the course.
- OENZ can provide a certificate of attendance for any courses on request.
- Personal information is collected on booking and at the start of the course. This information is kept secure and only made available to the instructor running the course and the office administrator coordinating the course, and any emergency personnel should it be needed.
Section 2: Gear & Equipment
- Customers can use their own equipment; however, this is subject to the instructor viewing and deeming the equipment safe to use, based on visual inspection and questioning.
- The instructor will not allow the customer to use any equipment the instructor deems unfit for purpose, based on age, wear and tear or suitability for its designed purpose. In this situation, alternative equipment will be available for the customer but may result in a hire fee being charged as per our standard hire rates.
- OENZ will supply the necessary equipment for the course to run and all group safety equipment unless otherwise advised.
- OENZ will provide information on hire equipment and associated fees in advance to Customers.
- OENZ will provide all Customers with a full gear list for the course booked on
- The Customer must provide a minimum of 24 hours notice of wanting to hire equipment.
Section 3: Payment & Fees
- Full payment is required before attending a course. and can be made by either internet banking, invoice or PayPal.
- Where full payment has not been received, the customer will not be eligible to attend the course unless the office has made a payment plan. If no payment plan has been made, a refund of the part payment will be returned to the customer, minus a $75.00 administration fee.
- OENZ will notify the customer once payment has been received and send through details of the course.
- The customers’ place on the course is not secure until payment is received. Should a customer book on the course but not pay and the course book out, they will not be eligible to attend the course.
- OENZ will notify customers where payment has not been received after 3 days from booking.
- Invoices can be made out to businesses.
- Advertised course cost includes GST
- Entry fees may apply specifically to the rock climbing course, where there is the option to move indoors based on a wet weather forecast. This is the responsibility of the customer and not included in the course costs.
Section 4: Refunds
- Refunds will be made at the discretion of the Managing Directors only
- A full refund of the course cost will be provided where: OENZ is unable to deliver the course due to staff availability, safety equipment is unavailable and necessary for delivering the course or the weather conditions has resulted in a cancellation of the course.
- Refunds will not be provided within 48 hours of a customer cancelling their course
- Refunds will not be provided for clients who cancel during the course due to: lack of fitness or ability, weather or injury.
- The following refunds apply with the outlined notice:
- A 50 % refund will be provided where a customer has cancelled within 14 days’- 48-hour notice
- A refund minus a $75.00 administration fee will be provided where the customer has cancelled with 21-14 days’ notice of the
- Refunds will not be provided for associated travel costs, the customer incurs to attend the course. We recommend the customer carries insurance for any courses over 2 days or when travelling from outside of Canterbury or NZ.
- Customers are able to transfer their booking to a friend or family member without incurring additional costs, should they be unable to attend their course.
Section 5: Cancellations & Postponements
- Where a customer postpones (transfers) their booking to another course date or course, a $50.00 administration fee will apply.
- Courses may be cancelled prior to running due to the following reasons: Inadequate numbers, weather, environmental conditions i.e. snow too thin/unstable, staff sickness/injury.
- Where OENZ determines a postponement or cancellation is necessary, the office will aim to provide as much notice as possible. Please note: Weather cancellations may be made the night before, but we will maintain close communication with our customers should we suspect this could cause a postponement.
- Where a course is postponed OENZ office will provide the customer with dates to transfer their course booking.
- Where future dates do not suit the customer an alternative option will be offered – such as transferring to a course of the same value or a part or full refund.
- Courses can be cancelled or postponed during the course for the following reason:
- Customer/staff safety is at risk due to environmental conditions i.e. weather, snow
- Customer/s on the course are posing a physical or emotional risk to themselves or other customers
- Staff/customer falls sick during the course and requires evacuation
- Staff/customer sustaining an injury on the course and requiring medical assistance/evacuation.
- Customers under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the field-based programme
- Where necessary safety equipment has been tampered with or become faulty
COVID-19 General Policy
- OENZ training courses and programmes will only be delivered when our operating area is in NZ COVID Alert Level 1 and COVID Alert Level 2.
- OENZ will not accept any persons onto any course or programme who are travelling from an area that is in COVID Alert Level 3 or COVID Alert Level 4.
- Customers agree to OENZ collecting personal contact information for the purpose of contact tracing.
- Customers agree to OENZ passing on personal contact information to New Zealand Ministry of Health officials if OENZ is requested to do so.
- Persons who present with cold or flu symptoms will not be accepted on any oenz courses or programmes.
- Customers accept and agree that they may be withdrawn immediately before or partway through a course or programme if they present cold or flu symptoms.
- OENZ will follow guidance and advice from the New Zealand Ministry of Health in relation to COVID-19.
- OENZ Requires all customers to follow guidance and advice from the New Zealand Ministry of Health in relation to COVID-19
- OENZ has a commitment to keep its staff and customers safe and reduce the spread of COVID-19 in New Zealand.
Covid-19 Refunds and course transfers
OENZ has a 100% COVID -19 course refund or course transfer policy (eligibility criteria below).
You are eligible for a 100% course refund or a course transfer to any course of the same or less value within 12 months of your original course date if:
- Our operating area (Canterbury) is in Alert Level 3 or Alert Level 4 at the time of your scheduled course.
- Our operating area (Canterbury) is in Alert Level 3 or Alert Level 4 the week prior to your scheduled course.
- Your home area is in Alert Level 3 or Alert Level 4 at the time of your scheduled course.
- Your home area is in Alert Level 3 or Alert Level 4 the week prior to your scheduled course.
- You or a close contact of you is presenting symptoms of covid-19.
- You or a close contact of you is waiting on results from a COVID-19 test.
- OENZ is unable to run a course or programme due to staff or close contacts of staff are presenting symptoms of covid-19
- OENZ is unable to run a course or programme due to staff or close contacts of staff waiting on the COVID-19 test results.
Courses and programmes interrupted by COVID-19
- OENZ will return all clients to their vehicles, meet locations or accommodation in Christchurch if a course is interrupted due to COVID-19.
- Additional accommodation, if required, is the customer’s responsibility.
- Alternative travel arrangements, if required are the customer’s responsibility.
- OENZ will provide a partial refund or course transfer to anyone that has a course interrupted due to COVID-19
Travel and accommodation affected by Covid-19
- As per our standard terms and conditions, OENZ is not responsible for customers travel arrangements before and after OENZ courses and programmes.
- Customers who choose to travel from outside of the Canterbury region to attend OENZ courses or programmes do so at their own risk.
- Customers who are travelling from outside Canterbury acknowledge and accept the possibility the travel restrictions may come into effect while participating in an OENZ course or programme and, this may impact your ability to return home within the grace period.
- Customers agree and accept that any additional costs associated with alternative travel arrangements including prolonged accommodation are the sole responsibility of the customer.