Private Bush Training
Private navigation & bush craft training tailored to individuals and small groups.
Private bush training is key to building to the next step in your navigation skills. Flexibility in content, duration, and budget allow us to design a tailored programme that’s just right for you/your team. We specialize in taking people to the next level in technical skill and knowledge. This allows you to go confidently into varied terrain, make decisions and travel safely, while challenging yourself on new or harder routes without the need for a guide.
Sometimes the hardest part of deciding what training you need is identifying what you don’t know. If you’re not sure what you want or need from private training have a chat with us in the office. We can help design a programme based on your current tramping experience. The result will be a better understanding of your skills and knowledge and how to build on it from there.
The courses are primarily delivered in the Craigieburn Ranges but we have the ability to deliver this in Lewis Pass, Arthurs Pass and Nelson Lakes.
Please note: Day 1 of the course includes traveling to the course location and the final day includes the return trip to Christchurch. This will mean the first and last day will be shorter field days.
Traveling FROM OUT OF TOWN?
Lots of people travel to attend our private training courses and we like to make it easy. Transport could be tricky to organize if your flying or coming from out of town. Talk to one of our friendly team about our pick-up/drop off service.
Price: Starting from $460.00 per day
*Accommodation, food and hire equipment not included*
People who would benefit from private training:
- Intermediate trampers/hikers looking to upskill in navigation and walking in steep terrain such as scree slopes, offtrack spurs and ridges, steep slopes.
- Trampers/hikers new to New Zealand tracks and routes
- Trampers/hikers training for a specific tramping route – such as trans-alpine tramps
- Trampers/hikers training for new terrain i.e scree travel, ridge travel, steep exposed terrain, subalpine terrain.
- Tramping/hiking groups looking to upskill together
- Groups of 4 or more people looking for specific dates outside of the course calendar
- Training for certain conditions i.e white out, injury or illness
- Training for specific skills i.e handlines in steep bush, river crossings and rescues
- Clubs and groups looking to upskill trip leaders