Private Alpine Training
Private alpine training is the best way to rapidly improve your mountaineering skills.
Private alpine training is one of the best options available for mountaineers looking to develop their skills and confidence. Flexibility in content, duration, and budget allow us to design a tailored programme that’s just right for you/your team. We specialize in taking people to the next level in technical skill and knowledge. This allows you to go confidently into varied alpine terrain, make decisions and travel safely, while challenging yourself on new or harder routes without the need for a guide.
Sometimes the hardest part of deciding what training you need is identifying what you don’t know. If you’re not sure what you want or need from private training have a chat with us in the office. We can help design a programme based on your current mountaineering objectives. The result will be a better understanding of your skills and knowledge and how to build on it from there.
The courses are delivered in the Craigieburn Ranges or Arthurs Pass, depending on the terrain requirements and weather.
Please note: Day 1 of the course includes traveling to the course location and the final day includes the return trip to Christchurch. This will mean the first and last day will be shorter field days.
Traveling FROM OUT OF TOWN?
Lots of people travel to attend our private training courses and we like to make it easy. Transport could be tricky to organize if your flying or coming from out of town. Talk to one of our friendly team about our pick-up/drop off service.
Price: Starting from $659.00 per day
*Accommodation, food and hire equipment not included*
People who would benefit from private training:
- Intermediate climbers/mountaineers looking to upskill
- International climbers/mountaineers new to climbing in New Zealand
- Climbers/mountaineers training for a specific peak/objective (nationally and internationally)
- Climbers/mountaineers training for new terrain i.e glacier travel, ridge travel, rock access, steep exposed terrain
- Climbing teams looking to upskill together
- Groups of 4 or more people looking for specific dates outside of the course calendar
- Training for certain conditions i.e white out
- Training for specific skills i.e rope, rescues, avalanche, navigation, survival,
- Clubs and groups looking to upskill trip leaders