Private Alpine Training
Private alpine training is the best way to improve your mountaineering skills rapidly.
Private Alpine Training
Private alpine training is one of the best options for mountaineers looking to develop their skills and confidence. Flexibility in content, duration and budget allow us to design a tailored programme that’s just right for you/your team. We specialize in taking people to the next level in technical skill and knowledge. This allows you to go confidently into varied alpine terrain, make decisions and travel safely while challenging yourself on new or harder routes without the need for a guide.
Sometimes the hardest part of deciding what training you need is identifying what you don’t know. If you’re not sure what you want or need from private training, have a chat with us in the office. We can help design a programme based on your current mountaineering objectives. The result will be a better understanding of your skills and knowledge and building on it from there.
Private Training Locations
Private alpine training can be delivered in the Craigieburn Range, Arthurs Pass or Mt Cook National Park. Call us today to speak with one of our instructors who can assist you with making a location choice relevant to your goals.
TRAVELLING FROM OUT OF TOWN?
Lots of people travel to attend our private training courses, and we like to make it easy. We offer free return transport from Christchurch for all of our alpine training.
Alpine Training is available from June to November in Arthurs Pass and September to January in Mt Cook National Park.
*Price: from $749.00 per day
*Indicative price for 2 people, gear and transport & GST included
People who would benefit from private training:
- Intermediate climbers/mountaineers looking to upskill
- International climbers/mountaineers new to climbing in New Zealand
- Climbers/mountaineers training for a specific peak/objective (nationally and internationally)
- Climbers/mountaineers training for new terrain, i.e. glacier travel, ridge travel, rock access, steep exposed terrain
- Climbing teams looking to upskill together
- Groups of 4 or more people looking for specific dates outside of the course calendar
- Training for certain conditions, i.e. whiteout
- Training for specific skills, i.e. rope, rescues, avalanche, navigation, survival,
- Clubs and groups looking to upskill trip leaders